Redmond City Profile
Located on the northeast end of SR 520, surrounded by lush evergreen forests and offering beautiful views of the Cascade Mountains, Redmond is known for its natural beauty. The city’s roots go back the lumber industry which settled in Redmond due to the abundance of trees. Today, it is a lovely city with 34 parks and 25+ miles of trails. Plus, due to its convenient location within 20 minutes of Seattle, or a short ride away from great skiing, Redmond is a terrific place for outdoor enthusiasts to call home!
Redmond consists of 10 distinct neighborhood areas. The Downtown and Overlake neighborhood are home to the city’s urban areas. Bear Creek, Sammamish Valley, SE Redmond, and Willows / Rose Hill neighborhoods are mixed use areas which include business parks, industrial & manufacturing, along with residential. Education Hill, Grass Lawn, Idylwood, and North Redmond are predominantly residential neighborhoods. Redmond has a population of approximately 46,000 residents, and is one of the fastest-growing cities in Washington State.
Redmond’s Marymoor Regional Park, managed by King County, consists of 640 acres of play space nestled in the Sammamish Valley between SR 520 and Lake Sammamish. 3+ million people visit the park every year. Looking for a place to participate in a sport? Marymoor contains an abundance of play fields, mainly soccer fields, ball fields, and lighted tennis courts. Marymoor also includes a well-utilized 35-foot, free-standing climbing structure. The park has a radio-controlled airplane field and the Velodrome, an oval bicycle track for organized racing. Dog enthusiasts, and their canine companions, have a blast at the off-leash exercise area. Hikers can park at Marymoor and then connect to several trails which lead to the Sammamish River Trail and the Bridle Crest Trail. Marymoor Park is also a popular 5,000-person concert venue which hosts an annual summer concert series. It’s a community fixture which offers something special to Redmond residents.
Redmond is synonymous with the world-renowned company Microsoft. The Redmond campus sits on 300+ acres, on which approximately 40 buildings are positioned. Within those building are 14,000+ offices. The campus is a beautiful mixture of PNW corporate design and park-like settings. Greenery is a cornerstone of the campus, including manicured lawns, native plants and flowers, which bloom in the warmer months. Microsoft branding is a familiar sight around town. Other internationally renowned businesses with a presence in Redmond include Nintendo, Genie Industries, Honeywell and AT&T.
The busy Redmond Town Center is an outdoor mall which houses a variety of stores, restaurants, entertainment venues and businesses. It is also the location of the Redmond Saturday Market, which has been providing Redmond with farm-fresh produce and local edible for 36 years. Redmond Town Center is the heart of the Downtown neighborhood, is near hotels and the Lake Washington School District headquarters. AT & T and Microsoft have office located at the Town Center as well.
From Redmond’s lumber and shingle mills roots, to today, where tech companies have positioned Redmond as one of the world’s leading high technology centers, Redmond has become a city its residents sincerely enjoy. It is a place where quality of life is cherished and nurtured.
- The Distinguished Homes Report (King County Residential Sales $2 Million and Greater)
- Meet Windermere Real Estate / Mercer Island
- Home Search
Posts per category
Real Estate Trends and Articles
- Spring 2012 Windermere Living Is Now Available - Comments (0)
- Report on 2011 Mercer Island Waterfront Sales - Comments (0)
- May 2013 Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish - Comments (0)
- April 2013 Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish - Comments (0)
- March 2013 Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish - Comments (0)
- February 2013 Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish - Comments (0)
- January 2013 Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish - Comments (0)
- Weekly Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for 12/28/12 - Comments (0)
- Waterfront Real Estate Activity Report for the Seattle Region 12/21/12 - Comments (0)
- Waterfront Report for Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and Lake Sammamish 12/14/12 - Comments (0)
- Seattle, Eastside, Mercer Island and LakeSammamish Waterfront Sales Activity for week of 12/7/12 - Comments (0)
- Waterfront Real Estate Sales Report for Seattle, Mercer Island, Lake Sammamish, and the Eastside 11/30/12 - Comments (0)